Colour Canary Forum

Colour Canary Forum

All About Colour Canaries

New to the forum

ant_ea

New to the forum

Post  ant_ea on Wed Aug 31 2011, 23:38

Hi I'm new to the forum, I used to keep birds a few years ago, I'm just getting back into it now. I'm going to mainly be keeping british but I do have a love of canarys, so I'm going to be keeping some too. This site was reccomended to me from a british bird forum, cos I'd saw some coloured canarys I wanted and had asked If anyone had any for sale. After looking on this site I just don't know which ones I want now, I never realised there were so many different colours. I definately want some that are 'mosaic' but really dont know which ones. any advice I can get will be much appreciated. and a rough guide to prices, I want some that are quite easy to get hold of (and not too expensive) although I dont mind paying for the right birds. thanks :-)
    r.costellow
    Champion Exhibitor

Re: New to the forum

Post  r.costellow on Wed Aug 31 2011, 23:50

ant_ea wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum, I used to keep birds a few years ago, I'm just getting back into it now. I'm going to mainly be keeping british but I do have a love of canarys, so I'm going to be keeping some too. This site was reccomended to me from a british bird forum, cos I'd saw some coloured canarys I wanted and had asked If anyone had any for sale. After looking on this site I just don't know which ones I want now, I never realised there were so many different colours. I definately want some that are 'mosaic' but really dont know which ones. any advice I can get will be much appreciated. and a rough guide to prices, I want some that are quite easy to get hold of (and not too expensive) although I dont mind paying for the right birds. thanks :-)

welcome to the forum enjoy.
    bob
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Wed Aug 31 2011, 23:53

Hello ant_ea and welcome to the colour canary forum.

If you are lucky enough to find some for sale that you like in the UK then then should cost between £40 - £60 a pair but probably more in the middle.
    If you can get hold of European birds then you could be looking at €70 - €300 a pair but generally average is €100 a pair.
    If you are unlucky and fail to find any you could try and go to the All Colour Show in Sutton Coalfield you will deffinately see plenty of different mutaions in all ground colours and maybe a few for sale as well.

I how this helps.

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 01 2011, 00:06

Welcome Smile

ant_ea

Post  ant_ea on Thu Sep 01 2011, 18:42

Red devil wrote:Hello ant_ea and welcome to the colour canary forum.

If you are lucky enough to find some for sale that you like in the UK then then should cost between £40 - £60 a pair but probably more in the middle.
    If you can get hold of European birds then you could be looking at €70 - €300 a pair but generally average is €100 a pair.
    If you are unlucky and fail to find any you could try and go to the All Colour Show in Sutton Coalfield you will deffinately see plenty of different mutaions in all ground colours and maybe a few for sale as well.

I how this helps.

thanks I live in the midlands, sutton's not that far from me, when is the all colour show?

ant_ea

Post  ant_ea on Thu Sep 01 2011, 18:43

Thanks for the warm welcome Smile
    john,h

Post  john,h on Thu Sep 01 2011, 19:33

Hi ant,it was me who recommended this sight to you,good luck with your search.
    David McCool
    Admin

Post  David McCool on Thu Sep 01 2011, 19:38

Welcome to the forum ant_ea hope you find the birds you are looking for. this is the place for the colour canary info anything you need to know just ask.
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Thu Sep 01 2011, 21:15

ant_ea wrote:
    Red devil wrote:Hello ant_ea and welcome to the colour canary forum.

I how this helps.

thanks I live in the midlands, sutton's not that far from me, when is the all colour show?

I'm pretty sure it's the weekend around the 19th & 20th [Saturday & Sunday] in November and it's the John Willmott school,Reddicap Heath road Sutton Coalfield B75 7DY.
    david r
    Welcome Moderator

Post  david r on Thu Sep 01 2011, 22:29

welcome ant_ea to the colour canary forum cheers cheers think you for taking the time to introduce yourself cheers cheers cheers i hope you find the forum helpfull scratch scratch

HE who is afraid of Asking is Ashamed of Learning..

Secretary N.I.C.C.A / Zone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ant_ea

Post  ant_ea on Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:17

thanks all Very Happy

ant_ea

Post  ant_ea on Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:18

john,h wrote:Hi ant,it was me who recommended this sight to you,good luck with your search.

cheers mate, cracking site, some great pics, I never realised there were so many different colour canarys
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon on Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:17

Welcome to the forum Ant, hope you enjoy it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25 2017, 03:32