Colour Canary Forum

All About Colour Canaries

Comments on Andyb diary

AndyB
Breeders Group

Re: Comments on Andyb diary

Post  AndyB on Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:21

Red devil wrote:
AndyB wrote:Bloody yellow black pastel pair have a second clear round ! Arrrrrrgh well its my best cock bird but I need to try a different cock to see who's firing blanks.

Perhaps your should have had those Greywings off me mate.

I ran out of space Cliff
norwich
Breeders Group

Post  norwich on Mon Apr 23 2012, 20:01

AndyB wrote:Bloody yellow black pastel pair have a second clear round ! Arrrrrrgh well its my best cock bird but I need to try a different cock to see who's firing blanks.
Ive had that problem myself andy , with a mosaic clear red cock i got from belgium . ive put brewers yeast and wheat germ oil over some seed for a few weeks to see if that will help.he didnt fill any eggs over 4 hens first round.

Breeders Group

Post  AndyB on Mon Apr 23 2012, 20:57

norwich wrote:
Ive had that problem myself andy , with a mosaic clear red cock i got from belgium . ive put brewers yeast and wheat germ oil over some seed for a few weeks to see if that will help.he didnt fill any eggs over 4 hens first round.

perhaps he's suffering from brewers droop lol!

ckats

Post  ckats on Tue Jun 19 2012, 07:00

Could you please put some pics of the white black cobalts so i could see what they look like. Thanks
Ninetails
A Grade Exhibitor (Aust)

Post  Ninetails on Tue Jun 19 2012, 07:18

While we wait for Andy's pics to turn up, there are some in the ID section/White Ground Selfs

http://colourcanary.forumotion.net/t1364-identification-of-white-melanin-canaries

ckats

Post  ckats on Tue Jun 19 2012, 17:08

Thanks for the link. I have a friend the has red black cobalt and yellow black cobalt but I had't seen the white black cobalt.
With what could the black white cobalt be paired with other then its self?
BlueCobalt

Post  BlueCobalt on Tue Jun 19 2012, 22:23

For best results you could also pair it to a white or yellow black, giving you carriers for the next season plus another class to show in! cheers

ckats

Post  ckats on Wed Jun 20 2012, 07:15

Thanks for the reply. I have a friend how has white blacks which he got from a pair of red black mosaics (must have been carriers) and might get a pair or two from him. So if i have a white black cobalt or red black cobalt i could cross them over?
Red devil

Post  Red devil on Wed Jun 20 2012, 19:38

ckats wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have a friend how has white blacks which he got from a pair of red black mosaics (must have been carriers) and might get a pair or two from him. So if i have a white black cobalt or red black cobalt i could cross them over?

If I am reading the post correctly and your friend has Mosaic Red Blacks and has produced Recessive White Blacks.
Now this is where it can get a little confusing.
If you are going to attempt to White Black Cobalts then you must remember what the the White Blacks have been bred from
[ ie: Mosaic Red Blacks] so in my oppinion what he has produced is Mosaic Reccessive White Blacks although there will be no evidence of Mosaic.

I say this as this is what happened to me, but I didn't know until after I had bred from my Reccessive White's.

I hope this helps
mbmbird

hi

Post  mbmbird on Wed Jun 20 2012, 19:59

well done ,
they look great
DanH
Breeders Group

Post  DanH on Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:41

Just read through your diary mate, sounds and looks like you've had a good season, Are you pleased with how its gone?
AndyB
Breeders Group

Post  AndyB on Fri Jun 29 2012, 18:37

Hi Dan

Thanks for looking, yes a good season with 90 in the flight to choose from for my show team. Just more work keeping them clean!! Regards Andy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 19 2018, 16:24