Colour Canary Forum

Colour Canary Forum

All About Colour Canaries


    recessive white

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    recessive white

    Post  Guest on Sat Dec 14 2013, 19:08

    hi everyone iam new to birds and i keep recessive whites have 3pairs and one is lemon colour i want so show him in the last bird show for this year what do i enter him as sorry can anyone help so new to birds .ray
    avatar
    BlueCobalt
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1783
    Join date : 2009-10-01

    Re: recessive white

    Post  BlueCobalt on Sat Dec 14 2013, 19:37

    In the lipochrome yellow, intensive or non, happy days Smile
    avatar
    GeoffW

    Posts : 1056
    Join date : 2009-09-21

    Re: recessive white

    Post  GeoffW on Sat Dec 14 2013, 20:40

    Ray,if your bird. Is showing colour then it is not a recessive white. These birds are unable to show colour. You say it is a lemon colour which suggests that it might be an ivory yellow. Try entering your bird in that class and if you have specialist judge should that be incorrect then he should be able tell you what you have
    avatar
    Red devil
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 4739
    Join date : 2011-02-13
    Age : 59
    Location : South Wales

    Re: recessive white

    Post  Red devil on Sat Dec 14 2013, 21:46

    Hi Ray and welcome to the Colour Canary Forum.
    I read your post with interest and both replies could be spot on.
    but there is a third, you mentioned that you believe you have Recessive Whites but if the bird you mentioned is white with yellow showing through
    then it could also be a Dominant Ivory White.

    It may help if you can tell us how the bird was bred.


    I apologise  if this confuses you even more but it can be difficult to second guess what someone has without seeing the bird in the flesh.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: recessive white

    Post  Guest on Sun Dec 15 2013, 13:22

    hi lads thanks for your reply on my bird i could not put pics on this forum i dont no why but was able to post pics on EireColourCanaryClub so if any one could take few mins its under Dont be afraid to Ask thanks every one for your advice on this . happy xmas to all santa 
    avatar
    opalcanary

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2012-05-30
    Age : 40
    Location : ca

    Re: recessive white

    Post  opalcanary on Mon Feb 10 2014, 07:27

    Red devil wrote:Hi Ray and welcome to the Colour Canary Forum.
    I read your post with interest and both replies could be spot on.
    but there is a third, you mentioned that you believe you have Recessive Whites but if the bird you mentioned is white with yellow showing through
    then it could also be a Dominant Ivory White.

    It may help if you can tell us how the bird was bred.


    I apologise  if this confuses you even more but it can be difficult to second guess what someone has without seeing the bird in the flesh.

    They both are right! only Dominant white has small amount color at the tip of the wings. And recessive should be all white even the beak and the legs and nail.
    avatar
    John_Graydon
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 3853
    Join date : 2010-09-13
    Age : 57
    Location : Dublin, Ireland

    Re: recessive white

    Post  John_Graydon on Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:17

    ray power wrote:hi lads thanks for your reply on my bird i could not put pics on this forum i dont no why but was able to post pics on EireColourCanaryClub so if any one could take few mins its under Dont be afraid to Ask  thanks every one for your advice on this . happy xmas to all santa 

    You should be able to post in the same way as our eirecolourcanaryforum site Ray. Hopefully you will be able to show at more shows this year as we have another 2 clubs wishing to take on our new schedule. I will see if I can find the post are paste it here for you.


    _________________
    John Graydon Secretary Eire Colour Canary Club

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    John_Graydon
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 3853
    Join date : 2010-09-13
    Age : 57
    Location : Dublin, Ireland

    Re: recessive white

    Post  John_Graydon on Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:26

    Here are some photos I got from the site mentioned.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    _________________
    John Graydon Secretary Eire Colour Canary Club

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    John_Graydon
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 3853
    Join date : 2010-09-13
    Age : 57
    Location : Dublin, Ireland

    Re: recessive white

    Post  John_Graydon on Mon Feb 10 2014, 10:27

    It does look like what has been suggested.
    Non Intensive Yellow Ivory.


    _________________
    John Graydon Secretary Eire Colour Canary Club

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: recessive white

    Post  Guest on Mon Feb 10 2014, 11:08

    John_Graydon wrote:It does look like what has been suggested.
    Non Intensive Yellow Ivory.

    With some Mosaic blood looking at the 'mask' ? & the length of the body feather ?

    Sponsored content

    Re: recessive white

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20 2017, 13:40