Colour Canary Forum

Colour Canary Forum

All About Colour Canaries

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 15:06

Hello lads just getting back into the canaries after taking 4 yrs out to race pigeons ,sorting out pigeon loft last few days to convert it back into small bird shed,looking forward to reading plenty of info and hope to meet some of ye at the shows for a chat this year cheers! Mike .

deisebrian

Re: New member

Post  deisebrian on Sun Sep 20 2015, 15:53

welcome aboard mike youll find plenty of info here

Outlaw Pete

Post  Outlaw Pete on Sun Sep 20 2015, 16:22

Last edited by Outlaw Pete on Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:46; edited 1 time in total
    David McCool
    Admin

Post  David McCool on Sun Sep 20 2015, 16:24

Hi Mike welcome to the colour canary forum. i had a wee spell with the pigeons myself.

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 19:01

Cheers lads ,a lot of lads keep fancy pigeons for showing aswell as rollers and tumblers around the house it's not all racing outlaw!

Outlaw Pete

Post  Outlaw Pete on Sun Sep 20 2015, 19:15

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 20:58

Yeah a lot blokes into fancy pigeon nice to have around the garden there low maintenance when u start racing it begins a job rather then a hobby. At the mo going to concentrate on colour canaries maybe few pairs irish fancy down the line would like to try bit of muling with Norwich hen,but only gettin back into them if something pops up I fancy I'll give them a go!
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Sun Sep 20 2015, 21:39

Hello Mike and welcome to The Colour Canary Forum. I kept a few pigeons in my time but mainly fancy pigeons.
    I have had my interest in coloured canaries for over 30 years now, have kept a few other varieties as well but never stopped with them,
    and never gave up Colours.
    If you can't find what you need please ask and someone will attempt to point you in right direction
    I hope you enjoy the Forum.

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 21:44

Cheers red devil have a soft spot for the colours alright still have to learn what's what with some of the colour and strains tho lol
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Sun Sep 20 2015, 21:50

Don't let all the colours and mutations put you off
    once you have decided what you like the hardest part will be to find and breed them
    Just remember not to mix different mutation with each other as this will only make your life harder
    and there are no classes for mixed mutations.

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 21:53

Cheers for the advice red devil all taking on board!

Outlaw Pete

Post  Outlaw Pete on Sun Sep 20 2015, 21:54

james D

Post  james D on Sun Sep 20 2015, 22:26

Welcome mike.. Theres plenty of info and photos on the home page of different colours and mutations which will help you decide on which colour canary to go forward with.. Best of luck...

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 22:53

Is it all yellow mosaics u keep outlaw? No plans on any major showing yet but u never know I'll go to a few shows this year we will see will I catch the bug!

Mike E

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20 2015, 22:56

Cheers james D a lot to choose from,problem now is trying to get my hands on the right birds,hopefully meet up with some of yourselves at the shows and have a look at the birds in the flesh see what stands out for me

Outlaw Pete

Post  Outlaw Pete on Mon Sep 21 2015, 02:14

Last edited by Outlaw Pete on Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:45; edited 1 time in total
    johnboy

Post  johnboy on Mon Sep 21 2015, 14:42

lol! lol! lol! phil linnet,,,love it pete,,,hope yer have plenty whisky in the jar marra,,,johnboy... study
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Mon Sep 21 2015, 15:49

Outlaw Pete wrote:Mike; I've only been into CC's ~ any canaries ~ for a couple of years now.

I started off remembering a " Blue " bird that had caught my eye a few and a half decades back. I like birds that look like something one may see in a bush?

Google and so forth ..... I discovered this 'new' world of CC's. And there I was: Kiddie in a sweet shop! I wanted them ALL!

I bought. I bred. I'm lumbered! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I now have a wonderful little Goldie mule, called " Goldie ". A Linnet mule, called Phil. (Geddit ....?) Then, I have " Mary " and " Custard ". Daughter and son of the Red Mosaic hen I bought, along with the Red Black Agate cock. I think that's how it went? Mongrels anyway. I managed to give away " Vulch ", the other male chick.

Having thus learned about the use of mongrel birds ~ there is none! ~ I ..... I dunno. I think I gave away the red hen, to a kiddie. What ever.

I wound up with what I'd been sold as a " Red Agate " cock. I decided to at least breed some pedigree birds from him. I asked the Eire club and they got me a beautiful little RA hen. She's a beauty. I know jack about the fine points. She's just a lovely bird.

And then, I showed them my male " RA ". That's when they told me he was a f**king Black Red Agate!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Another 'pair' of birds I must now just feed till they die of old age.

Ye taking all this in, Mike? F**king mine field for a guy eager to get birds in cages. Go in there head first? Well ..... Rolling Eyes

But, yeah; The dealer who sold me the reds sold me this pair of yellows, the next year. And they've stolen my heart I love you  They're also of such a simple type that even I stand a chance of figuring out a better one from what I may breed.

Regards any other type of canary? Lizards hit the marks with me, mate. Interesting looking birds. And, again, it doesn't seem like it'd take a genius to spot the points that make a better one.

Anyway .....

Pete there is no such bird as a Black Red Agate.
    It could be a Red Black
    Or a Red Agate which is a Dilute Black
    There are four classic colours Black, Agate which is dilute Black.
    Brown and last of all a Isabel which is a dilute Brown
    All mutations will have one of the above in there tittle
    ie; Iabel Satinette or Agate Opal etc the only thing I have left out is the lipochrome colour which Red, Yellow or White and could have Ivory added
    to describe some lipochrome colours.
    I hope this helps you and not adding more confusion.

Outlaw Pete

Post  Outlaw Pete on Mon Sep 21 2015, 16:19

Last edited by Outlaw Pete on Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:45; edited 1 time in total
    Red devil

Post  Red devil on Mon Sep 21 2015, 21:21

Pete I do understand but there are identification threads on the forum
    Which are all labelled for ease
    Which I spent many hours putting together so that forum members come look at first hand
    and compare between the different colours.
    Oh and I done them in brail Laughing Laughing Laughing
    I hope it helps you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23 2017, 16:24