Colour Canary Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Colour Canary Forum

Colour Canary Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colour Canary Forum

All About Colour Canaries

+6
r.costellow
micheal
David McCool
Dave O Halloran
niallmeehan1408
Robby Mitchell
10 posters

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary

Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary Empty comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary

Post  Robby Mitchell Tue Mar 06 2012, 17:47

All comments welcome lads good or bad i dont mind, should have set this up earlier
    niallmeehan1408
    niallmeehan1408
    Breeders Group

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary Empty Re: comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary

Post  niallmeehan1408 Fri Mar 09 2012, 21:40

just seen the pics on your diary looking good bud all the best for the season cheers cheers cheers

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary Empty Re: comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09 2012, 21:42

seems ur well on the way and hope you have more luck
    Dave O Halloran
    Dave O Halloran

Post  Dave O Halloran Fri Mar 09 2012, 21:46

Great stuff Robbie a good start to the season
    David McCool
    David McCool
    Admin

Post  David McCool Fri Mar 09 2012, 21:48

All the best Robbie, nice to get started into new season.
    micheal
    micheal
    Breeders Group

Post  micheal Fri Mar 09 2012, 21:53

well done robby wish u the best cheers cheers
    r.costellow
    r.costellow
    Champion Exhibitor

Post  r.costellow Fri Mar 09 2012, 22:11

Looking good all the best for season
    Bob
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Fri Mar 09 2012, 22:45

Thanks Chaps fingers crossed all goes well and good luck to you all as well
    David McCool
    David McCool
    Admin

Post  David McCool Tue Mar 13 2012, 20:23

Nice to see the young cobalts Robbie, keep it up.
    John_Graydon
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:59

Well done Robbie, best of luck.
    oakey
    oakey

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary Empty R.e. more downs than ups.

Post  oakey Sat Mar 17 2012, 11:48

I'm sorry to hear that Robbie. Its sods law that when something goes wrong and you take your eye off the ball something else will happen. I had two goldfinch cocks do that on me last season and I was gutted. good luck for the rest of the season. All the best. Oakey.
    John_Graydon
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon Sat Mar 17 2012, 13:02

Thats a bitch Cock eating eggs, Could he be trying to thread hen & eggs got broke ???. At least its still early & you can try again.
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Sat Mar 17 2012, 16:03

Thanks Oakey and John just wouldnt know there was bits of egg shell and blood in the nest eggs and the two eggs i removed were full so will pair up again but seperate cock when i sett the eggs.
    John_Graydon
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon Sat Mar 17 2012, 16:22

Robby Mitchell wrote:Thanks Oakey and John just wouldnt know there was bits of egg shell and blood in the nest eggs and the two eggs i removed were full so will pair up again but seperate cock when i sett the eggs.

I would say he was trying to thread her so. Have you got another hen for him to keep him busy ??
    dermot mc
    dermot mc

Post  dermot mc Sat Mar 17 2012, 21:46

sorry to hear about ur mishap Robbie,had a cock do the same last yr with the second round,saw him break one egg while i was feeding the birds in the morning Mad Mad ,put in the wire slide untill eggs hatched,he was fine with them after that,hope everthing goes well from now on
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Sat Mar 17 2012, 22:42

Yeah John he is part of trio the other hen is sitting tight on eggs so i will just seperate him at night take eggs away in morning,

Dermot there is always setbacks so will wait for the next one will know to keep him seperated next time, at least i saved 2 full eggs.
    r.costellow
    r.costellow
    Champion Exhibitor

Post  r.costellow Fri Mar 30 2012, 22:57

Nice amount to come back to well done Robby,
    Bob
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Sat Mar 31 2012, 10:53

My other red eyed mosiac chick was dead this morning looked like hen was feeding ok last night one of those things, will not try fostering these out next time see how things go.have been trying to put pics on computer this morning summit not working will get some posted up when i fix the probelm.
    John_Graydon
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon Sat Mar 31 2012, 18:51

Robby Mitchell wrote:My other red eyed mosiac chick was dead this morning looked like hen was feeding ok last night one of those things, will not try fostering these out next time see how things go.have been trying to put pics on computer this morning summit not working will get some posted up when i fix the probelm.
    Thats a bitch Robby, My reds are feeding 1 yellow satinette + 2 of their own so far.
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

comments on Robby Mitchell breeding diary Empty Cock bird not fertlising eggs

Post  Robby Mitchell Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:49

Chaps have a cracking Cock Bird had him in a trio with 2 hens both hens eggs look blank well 1st ones were other hen will be sitting 7 days tomorrow, what would are more experience breeders on here do with this cock, i have him seperated now in a double breeder on his own, would you try this cock bird again or leave him out of breeding altoghther i know its still early in the season, but all my other cocks have filled eggs no probelm.
    Richard E
    Richard E

Post  Richard E Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:58

Is it a satinete ?
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Sat Mar 31 2012, 22:05

No Richard non int red cock i have more i can use but really like this bird
    John_Graydon
    John_Graydon

Post  John_Graydon Sun Apr 01 2012, 15:52

Leave him for 2 weeks feeding him plenty of condition & softfood sprouted seed. When you see him dancing & singing his head off you know he is right then. On another note, maybe its the hens. Have you introduced the cock in time or are the hens accepting the cock ??
    Robby Mitchell
    Robby Mitchell

Post  Robby Mitchell Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:38

yeah have him seperated will feed him up and see but he is singing his head so dont know but i would say the hens were ready as well but i could be wrong.
    Richard E
    Richard E

Post  Richard E Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:53

some hens just dont squat for the ck bird end of ,try another hen .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 02:13